Climate Works Ltd – environmental policy
Our objective is to deliver the highest quality service for our clients, whilst minimizing our own use of resources and environmental impact.
We are signatories of the 10:10 campaign. In 2010 we are working to cut our emissions by 10%. Our aim is to reach the point where our business activities make no net contribution to climate change.
We will reduce our emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases by:
- Monitoring monthly emissions of CO2 from our business activities and presenting this information on our website.
- Reducing our CO2 emissions by 10% in 2010 and thereafter by 6% per annum.
- Reducing direct and indirect emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, through the management and purchase of energy, water, transport, materials and waste.
- Lobbying the providers of office space to purchase 100% green electricity from a supplier installing additional renewable energy capacity in the UK. CO2 emissions from our electricity use will be calculated using the carbon factor (kg CO2 per kWh) for electricity on the UK mainland as published by the Government.
We will minimize its demand for energy by:
- Monitoring and reporting energy consumption.
- Purchasing the most efficient equipment available with the lowest energy consumption.
- Ensuring all PC’s, printers and copiers are turned off at the mains at night and weekends.
- Turning off monitors when not in use.
- Turning off all lights at night.
- Using energy saver features on all computers printers and photocopiers.
We will reduce waste by:
- Using paper on both sides before recycling.
- Actively seeing to avoid wasteful printing.
- Separating recyclable waste (white paper, cardboard, other paper, compost, glass) as required for local collection.
- Monitoring, recording and reporting on recyclable and non-recyclable waste (by weight).
- Using files, folders and other stationery until dead.
- Avoiding the use of polystyrene or plastic cups.
- Actively focusing on e-mail and web based communication.
We will reduce water usage by:
- Using digital photography where possible to reduce chemical use.
- Using recycled paper, and where possible stationery printed using waterless printing techniques.
It is our policy to purchase:
- Recycled Files, folders and other stationery where feasible.
- Recycled paper for all printed materials.
- Organic and Fair Trade goods where feasible.
- Local food for events and training courses, and to avoid the use of bottled water.
Climate Works will reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and the impact of our business travel by reducing our need to travel through the use of telephone and video conferencing wherever possible. And by then using the following modes of transport in order of preference:
- Walking or cycling
- Buses and coaches
- Car – using the City Car Club where feasible
It is the policy of Climate Works Ltd and its staff not to fly for business purposes. For more information about this click here.